220 Portage Avenue is a 17-storey office tower that is home to the Royal Bank of Canada’s Manitoba regional offices. Situated at Portage and Fort Street, its attractive international style architecture lends a distinguished presence to the Artis office at Portage and Main. Access via the Winnipeg Walkway System connects the Royal Bank Building to the Portage and Main business community and other major properties in the Central Business District. With its prime location, tenants are able to enjoy the Shops of Winnipeg Square and take advantage of the vast Winnipeg Square heated, underground parking garage. Constructed in 1966, this tower was extensively renovated in 2017.
Asset Class Office
Site Area 0.41 acres
Zoning M – Multiple Use Sector
Year Constructed 1966
Royal Bank of Canada
Major Arterials & Access:
Portage Avenue and Fort Street
- Management:Professionally managed by Artis REIT / AX Property Management
LP, with management office located on-site.
- Building GLA: 169,738 square feet
- Typical Floor Plate: Floors 3—17 (10,322 square feet)
- Storeys: 17
- Walkway Access: Connected to Portage Avenue & Main Street, and the
downtown Winnipeg indoor walkway system.
- Parking: 936 heated parking stalls and a full service carwash are
located in the security monitored underground parkade located
at 360 Main Street, accessible by the walkway system.
- Public Transportation: Major bus routes to suburbs within steps of entrance.
- Additional Amenities: Use of Winnipeg Square conference centre.